Special Morale & Welfare (SM&W)
SM&W Funds are Nonappropriated(NAF) dollars that are used to contribute to the overall morale and welfare of the military community. Expenditures must be conservative, be in the best interest of the Air Force, and benefit the military community. Each request is carefully scrutinized and every effort must be made to ensure SM&W funds are not used inappropriately or when appropriated funds are authorized.
SM&W Support is available for:
- Competitive Award Programs
- Key Spouse Recognition
- Local observances
- Military/Family Member
Welcoming and Orientation
- Base Wide Newcomers
- Commander’s Call
- Wounded Warrior Program
Change of Command
HOW DO I REQUEST SM&W FUNDS?
- Download a request form from the links section.
- All requests must be approved in advance.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT PROCEDURES?
- Once approval has been obtained, the requester should contact the NAF Accounting Office to arrange payment.
- Original receipts will be required for reimbursement and requests for payment should be made within two business days following the function.